Sunday, 8 December 2013
The seven Major Universal Laws..
An enormous number of humans have placed a rather low value on themselves, mostly as a result of their upbringing and enculturation –
To assist in healing our species; we have to look at these things; and to be able to do that, it is of immense benefit to look at those Universal Laws that govern and affect our experiences and what we can do to either work with this knowledge or influence it. There are several Universal Laws that guide our lives and influence our impressions and experiences on various levels. What we are going to discuss here are the seven major Universal Laws; because we need to come to terms with the fact that whatever the situation (socially or politically); if it proposes disunity and furthers division, it is not the path to follow under ANY circumstance, regardless of our choices, as it creates imbalanced situations which, in turn, the Universal laws will seek to bring back into balance.
Knowing the influence and meaning of these laws and how they work will lead to much greater understanding of how our lives work here on earth, and why our lives work the way they do and how we can rise above the odds.
The ‘seven major Universal Laws’ – explained:
There are seven major Universal Laws or Principles by which everything in the Universe is governed. The Universe exists in perfect harmony by virtue of these Laws (there are, of course, several other Universal Laws; and one in particular that runs alongside every major universal law). Ancient mystical, esoteric and secret teachings dating back over 5,000 years from Ancient Egypt to Ancient Greece and to the Vedic tradition of Ancient India, all have as their common thread these seven major Spiritual Laws of the Universe. Once you understand, apply and align yourself with these Universal Laws, you will experience transformation in every area of your life.
The Immutable (unchangeable) and the Mutable (changeable): Of the seven Universal Laws, the first three are immutable, eternal Laws, meaning they are Absolute and can never be changed or transcended. They have always existed and will always exist. The other four laws are transitory, mutable Laws meaning that they can be transcended (risen above) or at least “better used” to create your ideal reality. This is not to say that you should ignore these four Laws or attempt to defy them for even if you do they will still govern your existence. Your aim is to master each of the seven Universal Laws and only then learn to transcend the mutable ones. These names are simply names that are given to these laws to identify them; they may be called differently in other cases.
1. The Law of Mentalism (Immutable): The first of the seven Universal Laws tells us that “The All is Mind – The Universe is Mental”. Everything we see and experience in our physical world has its origin in the invisible, mental realm. It tells us that there is a single Universal Consciousness – the Universal Mind – from which all things manifest. All energy and matter at all levels is created by and is subordinate to the Omnipresent Universal Mind. Our minds are part of the Universal Mind – the same in kind with the only difference being one of degree. Our realities are a manifestation of our mind. This is true Mind Power.
2. The Law of Correspondence (Immutable): The second of the seven Universal Laws tells us “As above, so below; as below, so above”. This means that there is “harmony, agreement and correspondence” between the physical, mental and spiritual realms. There is no separation since everything in the Universe, including us, originates from the One Source. The same pattern is expressed on all planes of existence from the smallest electron to the largest star and vice versa. All is One. The Ancient Greek Temple of Apollo at Delphi was referring to this great Law of Correspondence in the inscription “Know thyself and thou shalt know all the mysteries of the gods and the Universe”.
3. The Law of Vibration (Immutable): The third of the seven Universal Laws tells us that “Nothing rests; everything moves; everything vibrates”. The third and last of the immutable Universal Laws, tells us that “the whole universe is but a vibration”. Science has confirmed that everything in the Universe, including our selves, is pure energy vibrating at different frequencies.
The axiom that “like energy attracts like energy”, upon which the Law of Attraction is based, has its foundation in this Law. Everything that we experience with our five physical senses is conveyed through vibrations. The same applies to the mental realm. Your thoughts are vibrations. All your emotions are vibrations where “unconditional love” (in the sense of love for another) is the highest and most subtle of the emotional vibrations and “hate” is the densest and most base. We can learn to control our mental vibrations at will. This is true thought power.
4. The Law of Polarity (Mutable): The fourth of the seven Universal Laws tells us that “Everything is dual, everything has poles; everything has its pair of opposites; opposites are identical in nature, but different in degree”. It is also the first of the mutable or transcendable Universal Laws. It means that there are two sides to everything. Things that appear as opposites are in fact only two extremes of the same thing. For instance, heat and cold may appear to be opposites at first glance, but in truth they are simply varying degrees of the same thing. The same applies to love and hate, peace and war, positive and negative, good and evil, yes and no, light and darkness, energy and matter. We can transform our thoughts from hate to love, from fear to courage by consciously raising our vibrations. This is what in the ancient Hermetic Teachings is called the Art of Polarization.
Rising above the Law of Polarity: This Principle of Duality may appear to be very real in our lives but it operates only in the physical and mental realms, not in the spiritual realm where All is One. As it says in the Bhagavad-Gita, “God is Above the Opposites”. By always placing the all-powerful, all-knowing Great Spirit of which we are a part behind our every thought, statement and action, and by always focusing on the “good”, even when things appear to be going “bad”, then in time one will rise above the Law of Polarity.
5. The Law of Rhythm (Mutable): The fifth of the seven Universal Laws tells us that “Everything flows, out and in; everything has its tides; all things rise and fall; the pendulum-swing manifests in everything; the measure of the swing to the right is the measure of the swing to the left; rhythm compensates.” It is the second of the mutable or transcendable Universal Laws and means that the pendulum swings in everything. This principle can be seen in operation in the waves of the ocean, in the rise and fall of the greatest empires, in business cycles, in the swaying of our thoughts from being positive to negative and in our personal successes and failures. In accordance with this Law, when anything reaches a point of culmination then the backward swing begins almost unnoticeably until such time that any forward movement has been totally reversed, then the forward movement begins again and the process is repeated.
Rising above the Law of Rhythm: To transcend the swing of the pendulum, one must become aware of the subtle start of the backward movement in any of one’s endeavours whether it be to improve health, finances, relationships or any goal one may set in motion. When we feel the Law start drawing us back we do not need to become fearful or discouraged. Instead - knowing that we are one with the Omnipotent Universal Mind for which nothing is impossible – we can keep our thoughts focused on the outcomes and fight to remain positive no matter how far back this transitory Law pulls us. Even if our efforts meet with failure, find comfort that by virtue of this very same Law, the upward motion must start again. In time, our perseverance will be rewarded as the backward movements become less negative relative to our previous backward swings and we raise ourselves higher.
6. The Law of Cause and Effect (Mutable): The sixth of the seven Universal Laws tells us that “Every cause has its effect; every effect has its cause.” In accordance with this Law, every effect we see in our outside or physical world has a very specific cause which has its origin in our inner or mental world. This is the essence of thought power. Every one of our thoughts, words or actions sets a specific effect in motion which will come to materialize over time. To become masters of our destinies, we must master our minds, for everything in our reality is a mental creation. Know that there is nothing like chance or luck. They are simply terms used by humanity in ignorance of this Law.
Your Intentions are Instantly Created: The Law of Cause and Effect applies on all three planes of existence – the spiritual, the mental and the physical. The difference is that on the spiritual plane cause and effect are instantaneous such that they appear inseparable, whereas on the other planes our concept of time and space creates a time lag between the cause and the eventual effect. Know that when we focus on our chosen goals with intention, using creative visualization; that which we want to create in the physical world is automatically manifested in the spiritual world, and with perseverance, practice and continued concentrated thought, it will also come to materialize in the physical world.
7. The Law of Gender: The last of the seven Universal Laws tells us that “Gender is in everything; everything has its masculine and feminine principles”. This mutable Universal Law is evident throughout creation in the so-called opposite sexes found not only in human beings but also in plants, minerals, electrons and magnetic poles to name but a few. Everything and everyone contains both masculine and feminine elements. Among the outward expressions of feminine qualities are love, patience, intuition and gentleness and of masculine qualities are energy, self reliance, logic and intellect. Know that within every woman lie all the latent qualities of a man, and within every man those of a woman. When you know this you will know what it means to be complete.
The Law of Attraction as Part of the Equation: You will notice that the Law of Attraction is not specifically mentioned as one of the seven Universal Laws. This is not to diminish its importance but rather to highlight it because the Law of Attraction is the basic Law of the Universe which runs through all the seven Universal Laws discussed here. It holds everything together. It is through the knowledge of the Law of Attraction that one can rise above the mutable Laws of Polarity and Rhythm and gain a better understanding of each of the seven Universal Laws.
Credit to The Science of Being and The Kybalion: This article draws largely on two sources of incomparable wisdom on the seven Universal Laws. First, on the Baron Eugene Fersen’s 1923 masterpiece, The Science of Being, which is one of most comprehensive books ever written on the innate power of humanity, the subject of metaphysics and self-mastery; and second, on the 1908 seminal work on the Universal Principles, namely The Kybalion, which is a study of The Hermetic Philosophy of Ancient Egypt and Greece, itself based on the mystical teachings of Hermes Trismegistus and written by the so-called Three Initiates.
“The Principles of the Truth are Seven; he who knows these, understandingly, possesses the Magic Key before whose touch all the Doors of the Temple fly open” – The Kybalion
There are seven major Universal Laws by which the entire Universe is governed – three are immutable, eternal Laws and four are transitory, mutable Laws. As stated in the Kybalion “the Universe exists by virtue of these Laws, which form its framework and which hold it together.” Knowing these Universal Laws and the basic Law of Attraction, and learning how to transcend the mutable Laws, is fundamental to changing the circumstances of your life so that you can consciously create your intended reality and achieve true mastery.