Wednesday, 15 August 2007

The Way Of The Wizard


Instead of writing a book review; you should know me in this; I am going to pick up the angle with a personal story:
The Way Of The Wizard – 20 Spiritual Lessons For Creating The Life You Want ISBN 0 7126 0878 8 - copyright Deepak Chopra 1995
…The book was first published by Harmony Books – and in SA, by Random House.

This is a fascinating and well-written book. Besides being written by one of my favourite authors – The Way Of The Wizard is a book that teaches one to reclaim what is already yours. The book came to me in a strange and quite unexpected way – I was helping a friend clean out his garage and, lo and behold, I spotted the book – already thrown in the trailer meant for the dump. Now…, if something is going to present itself to me in such a direct way, I am going to follow up on it. It was lying in full view – all “abused”, but the pages all in good condition. I asked my friend if I could read it…

…anyway, I could hardly put the book down and read it trough in 5 days. It is not a long book and is easy to read. What struck me was the way in which the book alternates between myth and human reality – correlating between them.
Don’t make the mistake of labelling this book with a Harry Potter label, just because of the use of the word and imagery of WIZARD… absolutely not.

“Complete freedom and fulfilment come from rediscovering the magic we have lost – but that remains within our grasp. Once we have found the wizard, the inner guide, deep inside ourselves we will be lifted from the ordinary, humdrum world to a new one dominated by miracles.

This extraordinary powerful book offers a series of lessons, together with full explanations and advice, on how to walk the wizard’s way. The result is a practical and accessible guide to one of life’s shortest but most rewarding journeys: the one into the realm of boundless possibilities that exists within and all around us.”


With this book I actually sat with a pencil – making notes…, something I rarely do.

1 comment:

Gregory from CT said...

This book changed my perception on life. I recommend it to anyone who is interested in the menal enlightenment concerning their own inner development & emotional control.

It is still very much applicable for today's audience and not outdated at all.